Thursday 17 January 2013

Snow Time!


14 January 2013,  Monday

Experienced my first snow in London, yey! Browsed through Facebook and noticed the "it's snowing" news all over the posts. Got me excited of course, so I checked out myself. It was around 12noon, i think. It started out with a few drops but got me thrilled still. I even took pictures and a video of it from our room. Was ecstatic to tell Mark that is was snowing outside but got only a smirk and an "okay" as a respond and went back to sleep. Was hoping he would tell me to change clothes and we'll be off to our snow spree. I waited patiently, checking from time to time if the snow is still there. I was even telling Mark that the snow might melt soon, just to encourage him to get up and go outside, but to no avail. Still waited, and waited, and waited, and alas, Mark woke up and asked me why i'm not dressed yet. Weee! My eyes went twinkling, that's what he said. Put on my pants, hoodie, jacket, beanie, socks, boots and gloves and we're off.

I was just planning on taking a picture right outside the house but Mark insisted that we go to the park because there'll be much more snow there. Horray for me of course. :) I was imagining the snow to be a cotton-like feel, but when it touched my face, it was just like a rain drop only colder. I wasn't disappointed though, i enjoyed it! Walked through the slippery road towards the park and was awed by the snow-capped park.The entire park, the trees, the grass was covered in white. The only missing piece was the Snow Queen and Aslan (Narnia's Lion).

It wasn't that cold that day, maybe because it wasn't windy. There were even kids playing at the playground, running dogs with their masters, also some first-timers (i thought so) taking pictures. We were supposed to make a snowman but Mark said the snow was not thick enough to make one, maybe next time then. 

Went home around four in the afternoon, still giggly from the snowy afternoon walk, then enjoyed a yummy cup of hot chocolate. :) Thanks baby for giving in to my childish fantasy! Oh, by the way, Mark just got home from a night shift from work and will still be doing a night shift that night, so he slept for around five hours before deciding that we walk to the park. Could anyone be more darling? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment