Monday 28 January 2013

Mixed Emotions

I noticed some changes in my moods, my sleeping and eating habits and most especially in my body. Mark noticed it also. My boobs we're tender and sensitive, I'm always tired and want to take a nap often, my hips and boobs are getting bigger (as per Mark's observation which he adores, by the way), a frequent visit to the toilet, an urge to chew on to something just to please my palette, headaches and mood swings. I also missed my period. ButI didn't think that I was pregnant right away. Since it was just like any other time of the month. I do experience these signs before I get my period. I'm also one of those very unlikely ladies who get irregular periods so missing it for 3 days didn't bother me at all.

It was Mark who told me to took the test to make sure if we're pregnant or not. So I did and WE ARE PREGNANT! 

It was the 27th of January, I was alone in our room and I decided to take the test around 11am. Took a container, the test kit, my phone and went to the toilet. I already read the instructions the evening before that, but I reread it again. Anxious maybe. Having the step-by-step details pictured in my head, I started to pee, dipped the test kit in the container (making sure not to dip it over the maximum line), waited 5 seconds before removing it from the urine sample, laid it flat on a dry nonabsorbent surface and waited. The instructions said to wait for at least 5 minutes before reading the result. But alas, just after a minute or so, there were two very visible red lines! I really am pregnant! 

I'm not sure what I was thinking that time. Happy, anxious, excited, and a lot more emotions in between. Took a picture of it coz I was thinking of sending it to Mark right away. But i thought of taking another test just to make sure. So I waited for 2 hours before doing the test again. Did the same process as earlier and waited for the result. This time, only the first red line appeared and then after 3 minutes another very light red line showed up. After another minute the two red lines became very visible.

Can there be more positive proof of the little angel inside me? 

With butterflies in my stomach, I thought of texting or calling Mark about the good news. Then I considered surprising him with something when he comes home later that night. I thought of buying a baby item which read "Dad" or something like that. But then I don't want to go out. When I googled online, I bumped unto these "Creative ideas to tell your husband that you're pregnant". Since Mark is a computer addict, I decided to go with the idea that involves the computer. I took a picture of the tests, made a collage out of it and used it as the wallpaper on his computer. I just have to wait for Mark to come home and see what his reaction will be. 

Dad + Mom + Baby

I still couldn't believe that we're having our own baby. I couldn't imagine myself and Mark raising another human being into his world. But I'm very grateful to our Lord God for giving us our little bundle of joy. I know that it'll be tough but I'm sure we can do this. I 'm happy and scared at the same time, I admit. Is this something every first-time mom feels? I'm looking forward to the nine growing months of my baby inside my tummy, to the welcoming of our little angel into this world and of course creating memories with Mark and our baby together with our family and friends. That's enough reason for me to go through these new phase in my life with a happy heart.

Looking forward to meet you little one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment