Tuesday 9 April 2013

Sew It All The Way

I now have my very first sewing machine. Yay! 
Thank you so much baby!!!

So today the sewing machine I ordered online came in the post. I bought it at Sewing Machines Direct  the Janome 2070 model. It came with freebies so I adored it more. I'm not really an expert sewer and I have no idea what brand or model is good for beginners. I spent a week or two browsing from one site to another checking reviews and blogs about the numerous kinds of sewing machines out there. I cannot just buy one without knowing anything about it. I was choosing between Singer and Brother as these were the only models I'm familiar with. But then there were alot of reviews that Janome is a nice brand for beginners, so I went on an searched for that brand. 

I ended up purchasing this Janome 2070 and finger-crossing for a swift sewing experience, as per reviews online. 

My very own sewing machine!

With its freebies

I've had my share of sewing back in the Philippines with the old fashioned one (owned by my grandma) and also an electric one like the above. I was hoping to rekindle that sewing-energy inside me, if there is left. I applaud those who get to make different things from sewing. From blankets, aprons, toys, clothes and so on. I'm not planning on doing this for a living but who knows, maybe if I get to be as good as those professional sewers out there, I can make and sell the items I make. Bravo. 

Since we're expecting, I plan on sewing some baby items. Blankets, bibs, burp cloth, hooded towel to name a few. If I master the sewing practice, maybe I can do some baby clothes and shoes. That would be absolutely fun and adorable!

I'm just waiting for the fabrics that I've ordered and then I'm good to go. Can't wait for the finished items! 

No comments:

Post a Comment