Monday 22 April 2013

For The Baby's Brain

When we found out that we're pregnant, I got too excited that I think I planned most of the years to come. Expectant moms can't be more than too excited, can't they? Anyways, one of the things that I planned of doing during my pregnancy was to read to my baby and let him/her listen to classical songs. We'll that's two things.

I've started listening to classical music during my first weeks (as per daddy Mark's orders) and still do so today and will continue to listen to those when the baby comes out. I believe I'm already out-dated when it comes to songs that are being played nowadays. I'm stuck with these lovely classical songs that I play over and over again. Most of the songs are from Mozart, Bach and those kind of composers. They are very soothing and heartwarming. It relaxes my mind and sends me to sleep with no fail. I've read (and also what Mark told me) that these type of music is very good for the baby's growing brain. It is said to make your baby smarter, who wouldn't want that.

Classical Music for Baby & Mom
I plan on letting these music resound throughout our room when the baby arrives and hopes it soothes her/him as it does to me now. But then I've read some articles telling that there's this "white noise" that somewhat relaxes the baby more than any kind of music when the little one starts to be grumpy. It is said to be the most effective way to send the baby to sleep. The continuous sound of anything can be considered a white noise. From the nature's waves, the drilling of the wall, sound of the washing machine and even the vacuum cleaner is considered music to the ears of a newborn. Kind of weird but true.

White Noise for baby

Today, I found the book that I gave Mark, two years ago, as a gift. Entitled "Guess How Much I Love You". I think it's a baby book but nonetheless a very romantic book to give to a love one. For days now, I searched for books that would be great to read to read to my baby while the little one is still inside me. Top on the list is "oh baby, the places you'll go by Dr. Suess", but since I don't have that book yet, I'll stick to this one instead. It may not be on the top baby books for expectant moms but then I love the message of the book. I've just started reading it once today but plans on reading it again daily. But when I get to buy other books I guess I'll swap from one book to another so that my baby won't be bored with just one book. As if the baby will get bored, who knows.

Baby's first book
I found out that during the second trimester, which I am now, the baby can already hear sounds. Our little angel can already recognize mom and dad's voice. So by reading or singing to my baby when he/she is still in the womb will help him/her recognize our voices when he/she comes out. Ain't that amazing. I haven't really felt my baby's reaction to my reading but I believe he/she is enjoying it in there. Hopefully, my baby will continue to be a book lover when he/she grows up.

I love you right up to the moon --- and back!


No comments:

Post a Comment